Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For ye shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace:
the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
ISAIAH 55:12

Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 4


Hola!
This past week has been incredible. Although the time here is very strange. Every day seems like a week and every week seems like one day and that is the truth of it. Anyways, yesterday we sang in the choir for the world wide broadcast and got to hear from the apostles and the prophet. It was an uplifting meeting with an incredible and powerful spirirt. In the video they show the row of all my hermanas but it cut right before me!  but just know that I was in there singing too somewhere. :) The MTC is the greatest and weirdest place ever. It just weird how great everyone is so it is almost weird. Everything is fun here and everything is so exaggerated it is really funny. Showering is the best because all of the sisters in the ones around you will harmonize with you and you all sing the hymns as one big happy chorus and it is so fun and happy and then you never even see their faces but you feel like you are best friends with them and you all laugh and it is great. I also love my teachers so much I admire them so much and they have taught me everything. Only two more weeks left, and as of today we are the oldest district and now are helping everyone else and next week we will be hosting the new missionaries who are just arriving, which is so crazy because I feel like I just got here myself. This week I learned a lot about the plan of salvation and also the atonement of Jesus Christ. One of the investigators we are teaching had questions about why these terrible things had happened to him and why these bad things happen in this world if there is a God. As I was studying more about the atonement and the plan of salvation in order to help them I learned a lot of great things to help me as well. That always happens and it is great because the best way to learn is by helping or teaching some one else. I learned a lot of this from a talk by Elder Holland, he is the greatest more powerful witness of truth and he teaches me so many things.This life is hard. Missionary work is hard. I wonder how come the people don't run up to us to hear this glorious message shouldn't they be coming to us rather than us trying to find them? This is the truth. That through a modern prophet, Thomas S. Monson, God has restored knowledge about the plan of Salvation, which is centered on Christ's atonement and fulfilled by living the first principles and ordinances of the gospel. and that this salvation, truth, and joy is available to all those who will receive it! que bueno! Then I remember that it just isn't that easy, that it never was and it never will be. Salvation is not cheap. It is not a cheap experience. Salvation was not cheap, easy, or conveinant even for the Savior Jesus Christ who we testify of. How dare we ask not to feel even this teaspoon of the cup he drank, and that he drank for us. Christ carries the evidence that there is sacrifice involved in serving God. I do not know why some terrible things happen in this world but I know that when we are given trials it is the opportunity for us to respond by applying the in our life the teachings of Jesus as well as a way to come closer to Him. Without opposition in this world the plan of salvation would be frustrated, and we would not be able to progress or learn. I know that Heavenly Father is always listening to our prayers and will answer us. He knows us and will give us the power and understanding we need to do all things we will and to do His will. I know that Jesus Christ has felt and experienced everything thing that you are, and have, and will ever. In a way that I cannot comprehend but I do know that it is true and that His sacrifice was real and was for you and me and that through Christ is the only way to salvation. Without Christ we are in big trouble and there would be no hope but with Him there is all the hope in the world and all things are possible. Without Christ, we are nothing, but with Christ we will win. I know these things are true with my entire heart and everything that I am made of. I am so grateful to be a part of this work and to share this astonishing message of hope, peace, and joy with my brothers and sisters who are all children of God, In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Love, Hermana Egan

No comments:

Post a Comment