Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For ye shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace:
the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
ISAIAH 55:12

Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 5


Hola!
We only have one week left here at the MTC! I cannot believe it! I feel like I came here just yesterday. I am so excited to go out, but there are many things about this wonderful place that I will miss so much. Our district is like a family and our teachers as well they have taught me everything and are the greatest people. Today our district had the opportunity to clean the temple while it is closed, and it was so great! The temple workers are so caring and funny and I was just talking to a cute lady who worked there for a few hours while we cleaned. You would be amazed at how carefully we cleaned every little detail, and I have never loved cleaning anymore than I did today when I knew that I was cleaning the house of the Lord. The spanish is coming along, it is still a struggle though during lessons, but now that we are the old missionaries getting ready to leave we do a lot of the training for the new missionaries, and that is when I remember how far we have come, and what we were like when we first arrived. We hosted the new missionaries that come in and help them do everything when they get here and that is fun to help and to remember your first day. I am so excited to meet my mission president and to get to Ogden, but I will miss my companion Hermana Barker so much! It is sad to leave but most of my district is coming to Ogden also, so that is great that we will still see everyone around, but I will miss my companion. Thank you to everyone that emails me it is so great to hear from all of you!
This is a scripture that I love right now.
It is in Alma 32:27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye will do no more than desire to believe, let this desire to work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.
I love this scripture so much. I love how it says a particle of faith, because I know that is all we need. Even if we have any particle even if we have the desire to have faith or the desire to believe and we begin to act on it and we pray to our Heavenly Father who loves us and we will feel Him there and listening and His love and our faith will grow. In the next verse it talks about if we cast out our seed with unbelief and resist the spirit of the Lord. I like this because I know that faer and doubt are opposed to faith and that we can only have one or the other and both can not exist. Whenever we are worried about our lessons or during our lessons that is when we don't have the spirirt when we worry about what we will say or how we will say something in spanish. But when we only focus on the investigator and listen to them and love them than the spirirt is so strong and it doesn't matter if we said something wrong they can feel the peace and it is great. I have learned a lot about faith through teaching and it is something I will be working on for a while but it is truly great that the Lord will help us. If we have faith, we are worthy, and obedient, and ask the Lord he will always help us and I am so grateful because there is no possible way this work would be successful without the Lord. He is why it is possible and He is so involved in everything that we do. I have seen many miracles in just these last 5 weeks. I know that Christ lives, and that He is the way through this life because he has gone the way through this life, I know that through Christ we can become like Him and we can return to live with our Hevaenly Father once again after this life. I am so grateful for the scriptures, for a living prophet today, for revelation given to us today, and the Lord hand in my life. I am grateful for prayer and for truth. This life is a great one. I love my savior Jesus Christ and I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to represent Him and to bring His glorious message to others.
If ye have not charity, ye are nothing. Moroni 7:46 I know that if we pray and ask to be filled with his love then we will have so much joy as we forget ourselves.
Adios
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Egan

No comments:

Post a Comment