Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For ye shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace:
the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
ISAIAH 55:12

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Week 7


Hola! 
One week in the field today, and it has really been the greatest week ever. Each day is super busy and super fast but i feel like i have been here forever at the same time. My first area is logan and north logan. Our area is really big because we are in the spanish branch which the boundaries cover 4 english stakes, so pretty big. It is great! I love my companions so much already! They are super great! We are in a trio. My trainer is Hermana Rickett who is super sweet and really great, she is from texas, she has red hair and she is a great teacher and missionary! I have learned a lot from her already. My other companion, Hermana Mejia, has only been out about a month and she is hilarious and great. She is especially great because she is fluent, she is from arizona but her parents from mexico. It is definitely a blessing to be with her and she helps me and Hermana Rickett out a lot. The spanish is coming along and I am learning pretty quickly. I understand a lot in church, but it is hard when teaching, it mostly depends on the person some i understand most but depending on where they are from some are super difficult to understand and then those are more of the moments when i am so grateful to have Hermana Mejia. It is only us three in our apartment but it is really fun and I love my hermanas. It is so great to be a missionary! This week has been so great! I have done so much and have met so many people that I feel I have been here so long! I already love the people that we are teaching! The lord gives us many miracles every day and I am so grateful for his help and guidance in everything we do or else we could never do it. Yesterday when we knocked a door, it was a young women who let us in and started crying she said that God has a sense of humor to send us to her at that moment and she is going back to church on sunday. It was so great to talk to her she was so amazing and I just wanted to be her best friend. Most of our day is filled with appointments and teaching. We also get a lot of referrals, but when appointment fall through then we go tracking and do doors, and that is my favorite thing ever! Well actually I love teaching the most but I just love it all! When you knock a door, you just get a little rush and it is so exciting to see who will answer and get to know them. So many of the people who aren't interested are super great and so nice to us and I just want to be their best friends, but they don't want us to come back. We are also teaching a lot of people though I was so surprised when I got here how many investigators we have it is incredible. I am starting to learn all of the names and the areas and it is great! We started running in the mornings and it is super great! Today is my first P-day here of course and it is only the morning and it has been so great already! We went to the Logan temple and it was super great! It is always fun to go to a temple for the first time and the logan temple is super pretty I love it!
Therefore, let us glory, yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea we will rejoice, for our joy is full; yea we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of his mercy, and of his long suffering towards the children of men? Behold,l I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel. Alma 26:16 
This scripture is exactly how I feel every day! But Ammon says it much better than I can. I hope I can become a missionary like Ammon. I am learning more everyday, but this is an incredible work! There is just not enough time in a day. We are always running around trying to make it everywhere but it makes the days fly by. We had the coolest lesson this week with Julieta! She is coming to church and she is so great! We were teaching the restoration and when we taught about prophets the spirit was so strong and she was so amazed and humbled and grateful to know that we have a living prophet of God today. It was super cool I cannot explain but she just wanted to meet him right then and listen to him, and we watched him give a short talk and it was so amazing. Also, I think I have tried more foods in the last week than I have in my entire life. I haven't liked it so much but I can do it if I don't think about it and only think how much I love those people. Everyone wants us to eat all of their food. We are lucky that Hermana Mejia can eat forever so she usually gets the seconds so we don't need to.But the people are so great and so nice! I love everything! I love this gospel and my Savior Jesus Christ with everything I have. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord and to represent Jesus Christ. There is everlasting joy in the truth and it is such a miracle to see someone receive the truth and joy and to change their life. This is the greatest joy and I am so happy every single day. 
Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever.
Alma 26:12
I love the scriptures! They are a gift from God, and there is power in them. They help me and teach me more than I even know they will. So many times the scriptures I have studied that morning are exactly the scripture the person we teach later needs and that is the coolest thing and another miracle that the Lord gives us. 
Con Amor,
Hermana Egan

No comments:

Post a Comment