Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For ye shall go out with joy and be led forth with peace:
the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
ISAIAH 55:12

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Week 8


Hola!

This week has been incredible! So much has happened this week it seems like the last time I wrote was forever ago, and it is hard to remember everything! But yesterday was a wonderful day and a day of miracles! We had four teaching appointments and all four fell through. We had thought, prayed, planned, and prepared so much for these people and about them, and we were so excited to teach and then we stand at the door so happy and ready and no one comes out. This is one of the sorrows of missionary work. It is hard not to think how come? We are trying so hard to do everything and give everything and then the lessons didn't work out, and where are the miracles? I was wrong to doubt because there are always miracles and God has a plan that is much greater than I don't know much about, so we just need to have the faith and go where we are led. anyways, we taught three on the spot incredible lessons!!! wow, so incredible! The lord softened the hearts of the people we taught and I have never met such people that were so prepared to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ. One of them is a soccer player and he was wondering all the questions that this gospel answers and we taught the restoration and gave him a book of mormon and we are going back to teach his whole family. After that we randomly ran into a recent convert on the street, and we asked if we can go see his sister who is not a member. He is the coolest person ever! It was so incredible to see the change in him. He was so enthusiastic and he was just sharing his testimony and he was glowing. The spirit was super strong through him and everyone could see that he knew it was true. It was amazing he invited another non member to the lesson, and we taught an awesome object lesson and everyone understood and we are going back to teach them again. The one non member was a little unsure about getting the missionary discussions but Steven is already the greatest missionary (he is 18 and he is planning on serving a mission soon) and he was telling him that its his choice and he doesn't have to do anything just listen and learn more and he was just bearing his testimony and it was so awesome. Yesterday I definitely saw the effect that the members can make in God's work. Anyways, the last lesson we taught was so amazing! we talked to a group of people outside at a park and it was super cool. One of the people we taught plays football at Utah State and he wanted to know more about Joseph Smith and he wants the discussions but he is so busy with football camp starting in a couple days but we made an appointment with him tomorrow before it starts so we will see. Then there was two other guys who we also have appointments with, but they were pretty drunk so they will likely not remember but we have their information so it is great. Anyways the last one was so prepared it was crazy! He is just looking for this gospel but he didn't know it! He has read the bible six times and knows a lot but he says he doesn't believe in church and no church is true so he wont go to church. wow, how amazing! He is so much like Joseph Smith and I am so excited to teach him more about him. He was telling us many things in the churches that do not make sense to him and all of his questions were the right questions and it was so cool. He doesn't agree with the trinity and he says that how can these churches all say something different with just the bible and they just interpret it a different way. It was super cool to answer all of his questions as we taught the restoration. we told him all about the book of mormon and he was very interested he has so many questions and is very skeptical but he is definitely going to investigate the church and we are so excited. He says he will have the book of mormon read by our next visit in a couple days. Miracles are real, and the gospel of Jesus Christ is restored to this earth again today. I love being a missionary! don't get me wrong the work is amazing here in logan but we also get a fair share of door slams and funny experiences with people avoiding us and closing all the blinds and windows when they see us coming, but we just try to laugh those off and continue on with faith! :) One of our investigators told me that he will name his son egan. hahaha Everything here is so great! My hermanas are my hermanas and my best friends! We are super close and they are great missionaries that are excited about doing this work! I love the area here in logan and the members are so great! The dinners are an interesting experience everyday and they will always want you to eat more and more and sometimes you say no and they still put it on your plate. hahaha i am lucky that my hermanas have helped me out a few times. The spanish is coming along great! When I teach people are impressed with my spanish for how long I have been out and I feel that I can teach anything pretty freely with the language, the comprehension is definitely a struggle for me though. I am fine until they will start telling a story and then I am completely lost and just rely on my companions and smile or not depending on their facial expressions hahaha.

I love the book of mormon. I know that it is true. It is another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that the prophets in this book lived and that Christ came to the people in the Americas after his resurrection. I know that this book is a gift from god and that it is the word of god. There is power within this book and God will teach us as we read what we need even for that day through the holy ghost and through its pages. I love this scripture:

I say unto you that if ye should serve him who has created you from the beginning, and is preserving you from day to day, by lending you breath, that ye may live and move accoridng to your own will and even supporting you from one moment to another- I say, if ye should serve him with all your whole souls yet ye would be unprofitable servants. 
Mosiah 2:21
I love that it says 'by lending you breath'. God has given us everything good in this world, and if we serve him with our whole souls we are still unprofitable servants. I am so grateful that we have a loving heavenly father who has given us so much. He has given us a plan for happiness and salvation, a way to live forever with Him and our families forever in happiness and this way is through Jesus Christ. I am so happy every moment because of this truth and I know it is true because the Holy Ghost has testified to me of the truth even every single day. 

Con Amor,
Hermana Egan

No comments:

Post a Comment